Sunday 15 November 2009

Day two

Day two and this is my second blog. So far so good.

Nothing particularly insightful to say... this is what I was afraid of.

I have started reading Wuthering Heights and after a slow start things are looking good. Maybe if I spent less time reading and more time doing adventures things I would have something to write about.

I wandered to a cafe and had lunch alone. It was a sunny Sunday so I thought I would enjoy the walk and I thought right because I did. Lunch was nice. I had lunch alone, have I mentioned that? I had lunch alone because anyone I would ask to join me is either in Australia or quick to offer some arguably valid reason why they couldn't.

Anyway this gets me to thinking about 'eating lunch alone'. I read an on line article offering advice on 'how to be happy single' and it suggested going out and having a meal alone. The article was not all that inspired as it took an ordinary day in the life of a couple and told me to keep the itinerary but drop the bloke. On having had lunch alone I can say that this article fails to address two key points:

a. The practical difficulties to dining alone.
b. Why people tend to do these things in company in the first place.

I want to discuss this further but I want to go to bed more.

No comments:

Post a Comment